Having some destress zones and game spaces at a workplace is one great way to boost the energy and productivity of employees. These elements are also an excellent channel for the employees to enhance their communication, relationship, and bonding with their co-workers. All work and no play is the main ingredient for burn-out. This is why most of the world’s best companies are slowly incorporating game rooms into their office. That is why to help you decide, and we are going to list down some of the benefits of a game room in your workplace. For some employees they may have grown up underprivledged and not had access to the benefits and fun of games.
- Having a game room in the workplace can help boost productivity and energy – From time to time, people need breaks from their work. Some recent studies show that sitting at a desk and staring at the computer for too long can cause a person’s productivity to suffer. That is why the employees need to have fun and recharge to be more creative and efficient. In fact, the most productive workforce at those who have balance work, play, and many opportunities to take active breaks.
- A game room can help promote workplace culture and attract new employees – Having a game room in the office is one unique way to communicate a company and workplace culture to the world. It shows that your employees are having fun and they are not taking themselves too seriously. Not only that, but a game room can also attract and recruit some great talents. Imagine being interviewed for a job with a game room in the office, pretty neat, right?
- Game rooms can help build friendly competition into the office – Competition does not always have to be taken seriously. In fact, it does not even have to be directly related to a business objective. Besides setting formalized goals, you can incorporate fun games and challenges to your employees by having inter-company tournaments. This way you can make a healthy competition environment between different departments in your office. You can also put up a special prize or incentives for those who will win at each game. Having a friendly competition over a game can be a lot of fun, and it can also help employees break out of their shells and make them feel like a part of the team.
- Game rooms can help spark innovation and creativity – Creating a space where your employees can sit back, relax, and play games doesn’t just help them escape the tension of their work; it can also enhance their capacity it creates, adapt, innovate, and master changing circumstances. Research shows that a playful mind is more eager to take on the challenges a job throws at them and develop creative and innovative solutions every time.
- A game room can also be a place to build strong team relationships – Playing a game is a great way to enhance communication, relationships, and bonding within a team. Playing a game can help transcend the typical boundaries in a workplace and help the employees to go straight to the heart of things. Being able to relax and have fun with your co-workers encourages positive communication and relationship among other office staff.
- A game room can help decrease stress – When you incorporate a bit of fun into your employee’s regular schedule, you can expect their stress levels to drop. Stress is the culprit for promoting emotional imbalance, ill health, and poor communication skills. That is why if you do not want your employees to look and feel stressed, you must create an outlet where they can calm down, sit, take a break, and have a space to think.
Promoting a fun workplace environment can help develop a stronger sense of community within your employees, and it is also a great place where they can talk to get to know more about each other.